Microsoft Dynamics Online 2016 is now available for Dynamics CRM users around the world and it brings new features and some updates on existing functionalities. Some of the highlights are:
- There is a new lightweight email tracking app that makes easy to track email and preview relevant CRM information right in user Inbox. Dynamics CRM App for Outlook is compatible with Microsoft Outlook on the web, Outlook for desktop, Outlook for Mac and it also works with phones and tablets.
- Office Delve is a new feature, currently available on online instances and it is a new way of finding documents using Azure Machine Learning to provide a documents you are most interested. It is a new dashboard component that can be added to any Dynamics CRM user.
- Excel integration and document generation– Dynamics CRM users can now use Excel or Word template to view their data in familiar way. Dynamics CRM user can export its data on mobile and preview data or share with others.
- OneDrive for Business – Dynamics CRM users can now integrate cloud storage into their CRM instances without need of adding additional plugins. Dynamics CRM user can start work on a document privately like draft and after draft is far enough along, move it to an Office 365 group for team collaboration. Dynamics CRM user has a 1TB space available and documents uploaded there are automatically synced to your desktop and mobile devices.
- Interactive service hub – New dashboard and forms have been created and complete redesigned. Visual and applied filtering will be of help to Dynamics CRM users to prioritise their workloads and complete their daily tasks.
- Survey designer – With the new Voice of the Customer survey designer Dynamics CRM users can create and send out questionnaires to collect feedback from customers about their products or services. Customers can take a survey on a phone, tablet, or computer. When a customer completes a survey, it can use rules to trigger follow-up actions that occur immediately.
- Unified Service Desk 2.0: Experience an improved setup that includes prerequisite installation, an updated wizard, and unattended support.
- Hybrid server-side synchronisation (CRM Online only) – Now Dynamics CRM users can sync their email, appointments, contact and tasks using Hybrid server-side sync.
- Data Loader service – There is a new tools for bulk data import. Important: The Data Loader service is a preview feature in Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online 2016 Update. A preview feature is a feature that is not complete, but is made available before it’s officially in a release so customers can get early access and provide feedback. Preview features aren’t meant for production use and may have limited or restricted functionality.
- Solution segmentation: It is given a tighter control over distribution of solutions and solution patches by exporting selected components instead of entire entities. Now Dynamics CRM users can select entity assets, such as entity fields, forms and views rather than entire entities with all the assets.
- SMS marketing – Now Dynamics CRM users can build powerful SMS text message campaign as well as integrate SMS marketing in their multichannel campaigns. It supports both inbound and outbound SMS marketing in select markets.
- Email marketing – New enhanced email editor is now available that makes easier to Dynamics CRM user for marketers including new feature to generate HTML in emails.